You may have seen this before. I don’t know who wrote it, but I love this list of all the names and attributes of the Lord.
Jesus in Every Book of the Bible
• In Genesis, Jesus Christ is the seed of the woman.
• In Exodus, He is the passover lamb.
• In Leviticus, He is our high priest.
• In Numbers, He is the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night.
• In Deuteronomy, He is the prophet like unto Moses.
• In Joshua, He is the captain of our salvation.
• In Judges, He is our judge and lawgiver.
• In Ruth, He is our kinsman redeemer.
• In 1st and 2nd Samuel, He is our trusted prophet.
• In Kings and Chronicles, He is our reigning king.
• In Ezra, He is the rebuilder of the broken down walls of human life.
• In Esther, He is our Mordecai.
• In Job, He is our ever-living redeemer.
• In Psalms, He is our shepherd.
• In Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, He is our wisdom.
• In the Song of Solomon, He is the loving bridegroom.
• In Isaiah, He is the prince of peace.
• In Jeremiah, He is the righteous branch.
• In Lamentations, He is our weeping prophet.
• In Ezekiel, He is the wonderful four-faced man.
• In Daniel, He is the forth man in life’s “fiery furnace.”
• In Hosea, He is the faithful husband, forever married to the backslider.
• In Joel, He is the baptizer with the Holy Ghost and fire.
• In Amos, He is our burden-bearer.
• In Obadiah, He is the mighty to save.
• In Jonah, He is our great foreign missionary.
• In Micah, He is the messenger of beautiful feet.
• In Nahum, He is the avenger of God’s elect.
• In Habakkuk, he is God’s evangelist, crying, “revive thy work in the midst of the years.”
• In Zephaniah, He is our Saviour.
• In Haggai, He is the restorer of God’s lost heritage.
• In Zechariah, He is the fountain opened up in the house of David for sin and uncleanness.
• In Malachi, He is the Sun of Righteousness, rising with healing in His wings.
• In Matthew, He is King of the Jews.
• In Mark, He is the Servant.
• In Luke, He is the Son of Man, feeling what you feel.
• In John, He is the Son of God.
• In Acts, He is the Savior of the world.
• In Romans, He is the righteousness of God.
• In I Corinthians, He is the Rock that followed Israel.
• In II Corinthians, He is the Triumphant One, giving victory.
• In Galatians, He is your liberty; He sets you free.
• In Ephesians, He is Head of the Church.
• In Philippians, He is your joy.
• In Colossians, He is your completeness.
• In 1st and 2nd Thessalonians, He is your hope.
• In I Timothy, He is your faith.
• In II Timothy, He is your stability.
• In Philemon, He is your Benefactor.
• In Titus, He is truth.
• In Hebrews, He is your perfection.
• In James, he is the Power behind your faith.
• In I Peter, He is your example.
• In II Peter, He is your purity.
• In I John, He is your life.
• In II John, He is your pattern.
• In III John, He is your motivation.
• In Jude, He is the foundation of your faith.
• In Revelation, He is your coming King.
He is God, He is faithful.
I am His, and He is mine!
Which is your favorite name or attribute of the Lord?