I’ve won my first blog award from Alanna Klapp, of The Chipper Writer! Alanna was instrumental in helping me start my own blog by reconnecting me with Laura Christianson, the Blogging Barista.
Here’s how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award up to 15 blogs that are deserving. (I’m awarding five.)
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about the award.
Seven random facts about me:
1. I worked in downtown Manhattan for twenty years as a Human Resources executive – just blocks from the World Trade Center.
2. I never learned to ski – water or snow skiing.
3. My first solo book project was One Year Alone with God: 366 Devotions on the Names of God (Revell Books, 2010).
4. I love to bake. One Christmas, I baked and decorated twenty-two gingerbread houses!
5. I hate rollercoasters.
6. My favorite movie is White Christmas.
7. I put up my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving!
I award the “I Love this Blog” award to:
4. Redwood’s Medical Edge
5. Jolene’s Journey
(Alanna, I would’ve awarded you, too, but you already have it!)
Hi Ava, I love this, thanks for sharing! And I’m so happy to hear that I was “instrumental” in helping you start your blog by getting you back in touch with Laura, thanks! I love your blog! 🙂
I’ve not learned how to water or snow ski yet either. Went snowboarding once but had a lot of bruises the next day. 😉 Not for me.
Thanks so much for the “I Love This Blog Award!”. It was such a nice surprise. I’m posting about this tomorrow over at Redwood’s Medical Edge.
But Ava, stop lurking. I want you to be eligible for the special surprise drawings!
Jordyn, in the blog post I wrote after this one, I made a public commitment to stop lurking on blogs! 🙂