How many different things can you think of for which you are thankful? How easily do they occur to you?
For a second year, I’ve posted things I’m thankful for in daily Facebook posts throughout November. Today, I offer the complete list to you, in the hope of causing you to remember the things for which you are thankful, too.
Here is my month of thanksgiving:
- Day 1 – Thankful for God’s sovereignty in the world…and in my life.
- Day 2 – Thankful that God is faithful even when I am not ( not proud of that last part!).
- Day 3 – Thankful for Christ’s substitutionary sacrifice that redeemed my life. He did what I could not do for myself!
- Day 4 – Thankful that the Lord is my shepherd, because this sheep definitely needs her shepherd!
- Day 5 – Thankful for this great nation and for the privilege of voting. We may not be perfect, but whatever her problems, it’s still a blessing to live in the USA!
- Day 6 – Thankful for the privilege of teaching God’s Word.
- Day 7 – Thankful for encouraging words, smiles, and hugs!
- Day 8 – Thankful that our salvation is not found in any political party. Regardless of who is in the White House, God is on His throne!
- Day 9 – Thankful for food in the pantry, clothes in the closet, and a roof over my head. Jesus taught us to pray for our daily needs, but I have more than what I need just for today!
- Day 10 – Thankful for God’s promise of the rainbow. Now we see it in part – someday we’ll see the whole glorious circle around the throne!
- Day 11 – Thankful for those who fought and died to protect my liberty. Freedom is never free.
- Day 12 – Thankful for the privilege of serving with women who love the Lord. Hearts with a shared purpose are hearts that bring joy!
- Day 13 – Thankful for the gift of health. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
- Day 14 – Thankful for the gift of friendship – a gift to give and to cherish.
- Day 15 – Thankful for the convenience of technology…even though it doesn’t always work and I don’t always understand it.
- Day 16 – Thankful for the peace that passes all understanding in a world filled with anxiety and strife.
- Day 17 – Thankful to be part of a church that preaches the gospel, encourages God’s people, and reaches out to the hurting. Also thankful for past pastors and churches who have blessed me with discipleship!
- Day 18 – Thankful for the joy that comes from knowing I belong to the Lord. I can call God my heavenly Father because Jesus is my Savior.
- Day 19 – Thankful my heavenly Father has more patience with me than I have with others. (Not proud of that one!)
- Day 20 – Thankful that Christmas is only five weeks away…and for the anticipation of celebrating the birth of the Savior!
- Day 21 – Thankful for the freedom we have to worship the One from whom all blessings flow!
- Day 22 – Thankful for the gift of forgiveness – a gift to give and receive.
- Day 23 – Thankful for a heavenly Father who knows my needs before I do and meets them in His abundant provision!
- Day 24 – Thankful for the gift of fellowship. Hearts knit together, minds of one accord, spirits united. Truly a gift!
- Day 25 – Thankful for the power of a smile – no matter what language we speak, it’s something we all understand.
- Day 26 – Thankful for my wonderful husband – whose birthday just happens to be today! God has used him in my life to demonstrate the reality of unconditional love.
- Day 27 – Thankful that Christmas is only four weeks away. Four weeks to enjoy the music and decorations that commemorate the incredible Gift sent to us by the Father.
- Day 28 – Thankful for the gift of sight…physical AND spiritual!
- Day 29 – Thankful for the written Word…and the Living Word!
- Day 30 – Thankful for grace – oceans of undeserved blessings!
So much to be thankful for – so little time!
What are you thankful for?